Welcome to ZAO Snowboard School official site.
ZAO Snowboard School recognized by the Japan Snowboard Association (JSBA).
We are the speciality snowboard school in Zao Onsen Ski Area.
We can teach beginners to experts.
You can learn Manners, safe and skill.
“Making fun and Progress” are our motto.
We look forward to your visit to Zao Onsen Ski Resort.
We are snowboard school. We do not teach skiing.
This price list is for International Guests.
|max 4 people||2 hours（a.m. or p.m.）||4 hours（a.m. & p.m. = 1day）|
|Total fee||(Per person)||Total fee||(Per person)|
Please pay the total fee.
We have two reception desks. Please come to the nearest reception desk.
Our head office (main reception desk) is Zao Center Plaza.
Zao Center Plaza (Main reception desk)
Next to Nakamori slope and Zao Chuo Ropeway Onsen Station.
ZAO Center Plaza 1F, 903-2 Zao Onsen, Yamagata, Japan 990-2301
Yokokura Ski Center (Branch reception desk)
Next to the Yokokura slope, inside the Zao Ropeway Sanroku Station Building
229-3 Sandogawa, Zao Onsen, Yamagata City, Yamagata, Japan 990-2301
LESSON DAY FLOW
We will explain the flow of the lesson day.
For example, the beginner rents equipment and takes a 4 hour (1 day) lesson. Please consider as a guide only.
8:00 ~ 8:30 (Time required: 15 ~ 30 minutes)
There are many rental shops at Zao Onsen Ski Area. There is also a rental corner in the hotel where you stay. In order to snowboard, you will need special equipment, so please rent the following items.
- Snow wear [required]
- Knit hat or helmet [required] Protects and keeps the head and ears warm
- Goggles [required] Protect eyes and face
- Snow glove [required] Gloves used in town are NG
- Snowboard [required] Paint wax
- Boots [required] Size check
Visit the reception desk
9:00 ~ 9:40 (Time required: 15 ~ 30 minutes)
Wear snow wear and bring your equipment to the reception desk.
Zao Onsen Ski Resort is a large resort. We recommend that you check the route from the hotel or rental shop in advance. It is convenient to use if there is a hotel shuttle bus.
Please fill out the application form and complete the payment.
Check the equipment. The lessons haven’t started yet, but this is the most important part.
First, we will teach you how to wear the correct boots.
Next, set your board. We need time here.
Finally, we will give advice on how to wear beanie hats or helmets, and how to attach goggles.
Besides that, there are quite a few things, such as buying a lift ticket or finishing the toilet.
Now you are ready.
Please relax until the lesson start time.
10:00 ~ 12:00 (Time required: 2 hours)
First, do some gymnastic exercises. Let’s move well to prevent injury and warm up.
The lesson begins. Start from getting used to the snow.
Do with the instructor. Let’s start with peace of mind.
12:00 ~ 13:30 (Time required: 1 hour 30 minutes)
Thank you for your a.m. lesson.
Probably when it became fun. I understand the feeling that you want to practice, but take a break here.
Take off your boots and relax your legs.
Make sure you wear your boots before the p.m. lesson begins. Let’s finish the toilet.
13:30 ~ 15:30 (Time required: 2 hours)
After the gathering, the p.m. lessons will begin after a warm-up exercise.
Start with a.m. review. Instructor will support you. let’s have fun.
At the end of the lesson, we will look back on today.
You should be able to understand the growth in one day.
The instructor will give you the next task. Please ask questions.
End of Lesson
Thank you for the lesson.
Good to come to Zao. Good to learn at ZAO Snowboard School. I want to come again.
We have devised teaching methods so that they can say.
When you come to Zao, please give us an order again.
Although our school has disability insurance, it does not apply to overseas customers.
Please take out disability insurance by yourself.
NOTES / CONSENTS
Please read the following precautions and agreements before taking our lessons.
When you apply for a lesson, you agree.
- Snowboarding is a fun sport you can do in nature. However, understand that snowboarding can be life-threatening and can cause damage to others. Please participate after fully understanding the danger and nature of snowboarding.
- If you are not careful due to your own carelessness or fatigue, or if you are unskilled in your skiing skills, there is a risk of falling over or colliding with another customer.
- Understand that ski resorts have unique dangers such as poor visibility, snow quality, ski slopes, falls and possible collisions with other skiers, snowboarders and obstacles. please.
- When attending the lessons, please observe the ski resort rules and snowboard at your own risk.
- During the lesson, the school or instructor is not responsible for any accidents caused by your carelessness, accidents that cannot be avoided by the instructor, accidents caused by equipment or facilities, etc. .
- Please observe the meeting time.
- The lesson may be terminated if you take an action that hinders a smooth lesson, such as dangerous or nuisance. In that case, no refund will be given.
- For your safety, you may not get on the lift.
- Our lessons use simple English. It’s not perfect English, but we will do our best.
Please understand and apply for the lesson.
Click here to reserve lessons.
Tell us your snowboarding level when you reservation.
All students must be at the same level.